Straith Hospital is now offering virtual visits to connect with your provider for your TeleHealth Visit.
To prepare for your TeleHealth Visit, please make sure you have one (1) of the following applications updated or downloaded onto your mobile smart device, tablet or PC:
- Google Chrome (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Microsoft Edge (chromium-based, version 79and later), for Windows
- Safari (version 12+) on macOS
- Firefox (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Google Chrome on android (latest three versions)
- Safari on iOS 12+ (This feature doesn’t support other browsers such as Chrome on IOS)
Prior to your TeleHealth Visit,
you’ll receive an appointment confirmation message via email or text message, depending on your preferred method of contact on file. This message will include the details of your appointment, and a URL link to access your telehealth session. The initial confirmation message will also include a link to a pre-appointment check-in, which gives you the option to test your mobile device or PC settings at any time before your Telehealth appointment.
On the day of your appointment, click on the URL link 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment time. If you’re unable to locate the link, contact the office and request that it be resent.
After clicking the link and verifying your connection, you should:
- Enter your name, to be displayed when your provider joins the call.
- Enter the private virtual waiting room and verify the details of your appointment.
- Preview and manage your device settings (test audio and video, mute your microphone, or choose a front- or back-facing camera on mobile). Make sure that your camera and microphone access are not blocked in your browser settings.
- If you have other family members or caretakers that need to join the appointment, forward the URL link to their mobile device or email. You can have up to 4 callers.
- Q: Do I need to log into the Patient Portal to join my telehealth appointment?
A: No, you don’t need to log into the Patient Portal or download any kind of application to join the visit. The URL will come directly to your preferred contact method (email or text, so long as you have previously consented to such messaging with your healthcare provider’s office) and can be accessed via web browser (desktop or mobile).
- Q: How long will I remain in the waiting room?
A: The provider will join the call as soon as they’re able, but the virtual waiting room will expire after 30 minutes. Upon entering, you’ll read a message stating that the call will begin when their provider or a practice staff member joins the call.
- Q: What if I become accidentally disconnected?
A: If you become accidentally disconnected in the middle of the visit, you can access the visit again using the same URL you were initially provided. The URL link will be active for 24 hours.
- Q: Do I need to use video?
A: Athena Telehealth has the capability to be used as an audio-only call, but you should first check with practice staff about using only audio.