5 Ways to Spring Clean Your Health
Spring is finally here! That means it’s time to put away our comfy winter habits and freshen up with new and healthier habits. While most people use the season transition to tidy up their homes and wardrobes, it’s equally important to focus on how you can spring clean your health. Starting off this season with a fresh new perspective on your health is the perfect way to spring into a refreshing lifestyle.
Ready to freshen up? Here are some tips to help get you started this spring:
- Cook with in-season fruits and vegetables. In-season produce tends to have more flavor as well as affordable. Eating fresh fruits and vegetables are a perfect way to cook up a meal that’s healthy and delicious. Examples of in-season fruits and vegetables include apples, avocados, carrots, strawberries, spinach, peas and cabbage.
- Re-hydrate with water. Winter tends to be the time to drink dehydrating drinks, such as lattes and hot chocolate. It’s time to rehydrate yourself. Try adding fresh slices of oranges, lemon, lime or cucumber to a large pitcher of water to replace traditional sugary drinks such as soda.
- Schedule your annual doctor appointments. Make a plan to visit your doctor for your screenings. It’s important to get all your preventative exams, as well as eye and dental exams done. Get them out of the way earlier in the year so you don’t forget.
- Replace old workout shoes. Old workout shoes can be dangerous, especially if the heels or cushioning are worn out. It can easily cause slips or falls. If your shoes are getting old, be sure to replace them before you go outside for a walk or run.
- Clean up your kitchen pantry. Make time to declutter your kitchen cabinets. Throw away old foods, snacks, chips and other junk food. You’re more likely to snack when unhealthy foods are lying around. Get rid of unhealthy snacks and replace them with healthier options.
Be sure to schedule in some time to spring clean your health this week! What other refreshing suggestions do you have to help start this season right? Let us know in the comments below. For more tips and health information, read our other blogs here.