Now offering rapid & PCR Drive Up Testing:
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5 PM Saturday 8:00 AM – 2 PM
Self-Pay/No InsurancePrice $75
Waiting Lobby Now Closed:
Due to current state regulations, starting Monday, November 23, 2020 Straith Hospital will be moving to a virtual waiting lobby. When you arrive for your appointment, please wait in your vehicle and call the number to your provider below:
Surgical Patients: 248-357-3360 Orthopedic: 248-386-7278Interventional Pain: 248-386-7267PM&R: 248-386-7280Podiatry: 248-386-7289
STRAITH IS TAKING SEVERAL ACTIONS TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
In anticipation of your future visit to Straith Hospital, below is a list of the things we are doing to protect the health and safety of our patients and employees related to COVID-19.
Disinfection: Sanitation and disinfection of high touch surface areas is being done several times throughout the day by highly trained staff, including increased frequency of cleaning common spaces such as waiting rooms, hallways and cafeteria.
Screening: All persons entering the facility, including visitors, staff and physicians, are being screened at the entry point to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure.
Limitations: Straith Hospital lobby and waiting areas are formatted to encourage social distancing. We are limiting visitors to one person accompanying patients of surgical and clinical visits, if necessary. All persons entering the building (healthcare personnel, patients and visitors) will be requested to wear a cloth face covering or face mask over their mouth and nose during the duration of their stay in the Hospital, regardless of symptoms.
WHERE CAN I GET THE LATEST NEWS AND INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19?
Information about COVID-19 is evolving daily. To learn the most up to date information about COVID-19, we recommend these resources:
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Oakland County Health Division
- Wayne County Public Health
- Macomb County Health Department
HOW CAN I HELP STOP THE SPREAD OF THE DISEASE?
- Stay home when you are sick (fever, cough, upper respiratory infection symptoms).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, especially before eating, after coughing or sneezing, and after using the bathroom.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and then put the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
WILL MY APPOINTMENT OR SURGERY AT STRAITH BE CANCELLED?
Some appointments or surgeries may be rescheduled based on emergence of the appointment. You will be contacted if there are any necessary changes to your appointment. Virtual visits are also now being offered with your Straith Physician. Please contact us at (248) 357-3360 if you have any questions or to make an appointment for your virtual visit.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TELEHEALTH VISIT:
Straith Hospital is now offering virtual visits to connect with your provider for your TeleHealth Visit.
To prepare for your TeleHealth Visit, please make sure you have one (1) of the following applications updated or downloaded onto your mobile smart device, tablet or PC:
- Google Chrome (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Microsoft Edge (chromium-based, version 79and later), for Windows
- Safari (version 12+) on macOS
- Firefox (latest three versions), for macOS and Windows
- Google Chrome on android (latest three versions)
- Safari on iOS 12+ (This feature doesn’t support other browsers such as Chrome on IOS)
Prior to your TeleHealth Visit,
you’ll receive an appointment confirmation message via email or text message, depending on your preferred method of contact on file. This message will include the details of your appointment, and a URL link to access your telehealth session. The initial confirmation message will also include a link to a pre-appointment check-in, which gives you the option to test your mobile device or PC settings at any time before your Telehealth appointment.
On the day of your appointment, click on the URL link 10-15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment time. If you’re unable to locate the link, contact the office and request that it be resent.
After clicking the link and verifying your connection, you should:
- Enter your name, to be displayed when your provider joins the call.
- Enter the private virtual waiting room and verify the details of your appointment.
- Preview and manage your device settings (test audio and video, mute your microphone, or choose a front- or back-facing camera on mobile). Make sure that your camera and microphone access are not blocked in your browser settings.
- If you have other family members or caretakers that need to join the appointment, forward the URL link to their mobile device or email. You can have up to 4 callers.
- Q: Do I need to log into the Patient Portal to join my telehealth appointment?
A: No, you don’t need to log into the Patient Portal or download any kind of application to join the visit. The URL will come directly to your preferred contact method (email or text, so long as you have previously consented to such messaging with your healthcare provider’s office) and can be accessed via web browser (desktop or mobile).
- Q: How long will I remain in the waiting room?
A: The provider will join the call as soon as they’re able, but the virtual waiting room will expire after 30 minutes. Upon entering, you’ll read a message stating that the call will begin when their provider or a practice staff member joins the call.
- Q: What if I become accidentally disconnected?
A: If you become accidentally disconnected in the middle of the visit, you can access the visit again using the same URL you were initially provided. The URL link will be active for 24 hours.
- Q: Do I need to use video?
A: Athena Telehealth has the capability to be used as an audio-only call, but you should first check with practice staff about using only audio.
CURRENT VISITOR RESTRICTIONS:
Effective immediately and continuing through July 24, 2020 at 11:59 pm, all health care facilities, residential care facilities, congregate care facilities, and juvenile justice facilities must prohibit from entering their facilities any visitors that: are not necessary for the provision of medical care, the support of activities of daily living, or the exercise of power of attorney or court-appointed guardianship for an individual under the facility’s care; are not a parent, foster parent, or guardian of an individual who is 21 years of age or under and who is under the facility’s care; are not visiting an individual under the facility’s care that is in serious or critical condition or in hospice care; and are not visiting under exigent circumstances or for the purpose of performing official governmental functions. All health care facilities, residential care facilities, congregate care facilities, and juvenile justice facilities must perform a health evaluation of all individuals that are not under the care of the facility each time the individual seeks to enter the facility, and must deny entry to those individuals who do not meet the evaluation criteria. The evaluation criteria must include: symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath; and contact in the last 14 days with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19. While the restrictions of this order are in place, all health care facilities, residential care facilities, congregate care facilities, and juvenile justice facilities must make best efforts to facilitate visitations with individuals under their care by phone or other electronic communication platforms to the fullest extent possible, consistent with normal visitation policies.
VIRTUAL VISITS WITH PATIENTS:
In effort to continue serving our patients as best as possible during this global pandemic and due to current visitor restrictions, we are offering virtual visits with your loved one during their stay at Straith Hospital. If you would like to request a virtual video visit, please call (248) 357-3360. Prior calling to request your virtual visit, please install Google Duo on your PC or mobile device. For Android Users (Samsung), please download the application from the Google Play Store. For PC Users, please visit https://duo.google.com/about/ to connect through the veb.